IPIC welcomes everyone who is interested in IP to apply for membership. Whether you’re an academic or a tech transfer officer, an IP practitioner or a student, in the public sector or self-employed, we offer a category or membership to suit your needs.
How will membership benefit me?
- A professional association to keep you current in this fast moving area of law
- Stay apprised of developments in the IP field by accessing content in the members’ section of the website
- Opportunities to contribute to the fast-changing pace of IP laws by contributing to submissions to government
- Saving money on seminars, conferences and courses offered by the largest supplier of IP education in Canada
- Access to publications focussing on hot-button IP issues and the latest research
- the Canadian Intellectual Property Review (CIPR)
- the weekly newsletter IP Newsbreak
- Access to the “members only” section of ipic.ca
- Updates of IPIC’s lobbying efforts and reports to government
- Insights in the profession’s views on upcoming changes to the IP framework
- Comprehensive database where you can easily search and find articles published in the CIPR
- Committee portals, where you can exchange information and documents with your peers.
- Member directory
How can IPIC help me achieve my goals?
Support to get your career off the ground or move it to a higher level
- Training to prepare for the agent examinations
- Perfect your knowledge with advanced webinars and seminars
- Networking opportunities
- Leadership development and speaking opportunities
- Mentorship program
- Errors and Omissions insurance program
A voice that represents your interests
- IPIC’s—to influence the development of IP laws that benefit Canadians
- Yours—to contribute to one or more of the 35 committees that study every facet of IP practice, create professional development events or develop communication tools