We're Hiring: Education Officer!
The Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC) is the professional association of patent and trademark agents, and lawyers practicing in all areas of intellectual property (i.e. patent, trademark, copyright and industrial designs). IPIC organizes courses, webinars and conferences, issues publications and makes representations to governments on behalf of its 1,700 members.
Reporting to the Manager, Education & Events, the Education Officer will contribute to the success of the Institute by bringing experience in the areas of education and events. The Education Officer will work with a small team in a friendly, dynamic atmosphere. This position will allow for the opportunity for growth in the role within the organization.
• Organize and coordinate logistics for webinars and virtual events using GoToWebinar and Zoom
• Coordinate registration for all events including webinars, annual conference and courses
• Analyze registration data and generate reports
• Assist with the planning and logistics of IPIC’s various events including CPD accreditation
• Provide support to speakers, instructors and attendees during virtual and in-person events
• Update the annual conference microsite and mobile app using existing/new platforms
• Assist with the development and delivery of new courses
• Attend courses and events when required to greet guests, presenters and all other attendees
• Support the Director of Education and Manager of Education & Events as required
• Provide front line reception responsibilities including greeting visitors, screening and directing calls and correspondence, and answering general inquiries from members and the general public (currently working remotely due to COVID-19 pandemic)
• Detail oriented, with a strong focus on organization, planning and follow up with the ability to manage multiple priorities
• Strong project and time management skills
• Post-secondary education, either at the university or community college level
• At least three years of experience working with volunteers in a professional association
• Experience working with CRM and membership database management, websites and online registration systems
• Experience in coordinating meetings and educational events
• Strong working knowledge of software programs such as Microsoft Office, WordPress, MailChimp, SurveyMonkey, and virtual meeting platforms such as Zoom, GoToWebinar, EventMobi, etc.
• Bilingual (English and French) – spoken and written
• Confidence in taking initiative
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively
• Professionalism and good interpersonal skills
This is a great opportunity to become part of an awesome and supportive team with a competitive compensation package including health and dental benefits, retirement benefits, professional development opportunities and more.
If this sounds like the workplace for you, please submit a cover letter and resume as well as why you believe you would be a good fit for this position by June 14, 2021, to Kim Arial, Manager, Education & Events at firstname.lastname@example.org).
For more information about IPIC, please visit www.ipic.ca. IPIC is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those who are considered for an interview will be contacted.