IPIC Members Elect New Board of Directors for 2023-2024!
At IPIC’s 97th Annual General Meeting on Wednesday, September 20, 2023, members voted in a new IPIC Board of Directors for 2023-2024. The Board is composed of nine members: four officers, the immediate past president and four directors. To take into account the diversity of roles existing in the profession, the Board is comprised of IP lawyers, patents agents, trademark agents, litigators and corporate practitioners. Please join us in welcoming the new members of the Board!
- President: Paula Clancy, Gowlings WLG
- Vice President: Nathaniel Lipkus, Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP
- Secretary: Jason Hynes, Bereskin & Parr LLP
- Treasurer: Elizabeth Dipchand, Dipchand LLP
- Immediate Past President: Tim Lowman, Aird & Berlis LLP
- Director: Jennifer Dove, Coastal Trademark Services
- Director: Jordana Sanft, Lenczner Slaght
- Director: Neil Padgett, Shopify
- Director: Catherine Lovrics, Marks & Clerk Canada
Every member of the Board is elected for a term of one year. However, IPIC has adopted a practice which, subject to the vote by the members at the AGM, provides for continuity by allowing directors to serve for two years with two new members being elected each year. After being absent from the Board for at least a year, a former director may be invited by the Nominating Committee to become the treasurer. This person makes a five year commitment: after being treasurer, he or she normally becomes secretary then vice president, president and chair of the board and finally, past president.