IPIC Members Elect New Board of Directors for 2022-2023
At IPIC’s Annual General Meeting on Thursday, September 29, 2022 in Whistler, members voted in a new IPIC Board of Directors for 2022-2023. The Board is composed of nine members: four officers, the immediate past president and four directors. To take into account the diversity of roles existing in the profession, the Board is comprised of IP lawyers, patents agents, trademark agents, litigators and corporate practitioners.
Please join us in welcoming the new members of the Board!
• President: Tim Lowman, Aird & Berlis LLP
• Vice President: Heather Mueller, NCS Multistage
• Secretary: Paula Clancy, Gowling WLG
• Treasurer: Nathaniel Lipkus, Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP
• Immediate Past President: Louis-Pierre Gravelle, CPVA, Bereskin & Parr LLP
• Director: Jennifer Dove, Coastal Trademark Services
• Director: Jordana Sanft, Lenczner Slaght
• Director: Beatrice Ngatcha, Lavery Avocats
• Director: Jason Markwell, self-employed
Every member of the Board is elected for a term of one year. However, IPIC has adopted a practice which, subject to the vote by the members at the AGM, provides for continuity by allowing directors to serve for two years with two new members being elected each year. After being absent from the Board for at least a year, a former director may be invited by the Nominating Committee to become the treasurer. This person makes a five year commitment: after being treasurer, he or she normally becomes secretary then vice president, president and chair of the board and finally, past president.