IPIC Members Elect New Board of Directors for 2020-2021
At IPIC’s Annual General Meeting on Wednesday, September 16, 2020, members voted in a new IPIC Board of Directors for 2020-2021. The Board is composed of nine members: four officers, the immediate past president and four directors. To take into account the diversity of roles existing in the profession, the Board is comprised of IP lawyers, patents agents, trademark agents, litigators and corporate practitioners.
Please join us in welcoming the new members of the Board!
- Stephanie Chong, President and Chair of the Board, Hoffer Adler (Toronto)
- Louis-Pierre Gravelle, Vice President, ROBIC (Montréal)
- Tim Lowman, Secretary, Aird & Berlis (Toronto)
- Heather Mueller, Treasurer, NCS Multistage (Calgary)
- Alain Leclerc, Immediate Past President, Fasken Martineau Dumoulin LLP (Montréal)
- Sana Halwani, Director, Lenczner Slaght (Toronto)
- Curtis Behmann, Director, Borden Ladner Gervais (Ottawa)
- Elizabeth Dipchand, Director, Dipchand LLP (Toronto)
- Jonathan Auerbach, Director, Stikeman Elliott LLP (Montréal)
Every member of the Board is elected for a term of one year. However, IPIC has adopted a practice which, subject to the vote by the members at the AGM, provides for continuity by allowing directors to serve for two years with two new members being elected each year. After being absent from the Board for at least a year, a former director may be invited by the Nominating Committee to become the treasurer. This person makes a five year commitment: after being treasurer, he or she normally becomes secretary then vice president, president and chair of the board and finally, past president.