IPIC and IP Osgoode Announce 15th Annual Canadian IP Writing Challenge
Published on February 2, 2023
The Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC) and IP Osgoode are delighted to announce our 2023 Canadian writing challenge in intellectual property law.
Our goal is to further enhance thoughtful and well-researched intellectual property public policy scholarship and discussion. We encourage a broad range of perspectives and topics can be from within the various categories of intellectual property law including patents, trade-marks, industrial design and copyright.
There are three categories for entrants this year:
- Law student category (LL.B, J.D., BCL, and LL.L students)
- Graduate student category (LL.M, S.J.D. and PhD students)
- Professional category (legal and business professionals who have been practicing 7 years or less, including patent agents and trade-mark agents)
The winner from each of category will be eligible for:
- A prize of $1,000 (CAD)
- Publication on the IP Osgoode website (iposgoode.ca)
- Consideration for publication in the Canadian Intellectual Property Review and/or the Intellectual Property Journal.
The deadline to submit is Canada Day, July 1, 2023 at 5 PM EDT.
More details on Canada’s IP Writing Challenge are available on IP Osgoode's site here.