Join the webinar and hear panelists discuss their experiences implementing new policies and practices pursuant to changes to the Patent Act and Rules. Topics covered will include:
• Translating the Patent Rules and CIPO policies into manageable docketing practices
• Explaining third party rights and due care to clients
• Duty to clients using annuity services or other payment routes
• Handling “keep alive” instructions
• Removing yourself as appointed agent
This program contains 1.5 hours Professionalism or Ethics where applicable:
|Law Society of Ontario||1.5|
|Barreau du Québec*||1.5|
|Law Society of British Columbia||1.5|
|Law Society of Saskatchewan**||–|
|Law Society of Manitoba||1.5|
|Law Society of Alberta||1.5|
|New York State CLE Board||1.5|
* Barreau du Québec: As of May 1, 2019, Barreau members are responsible to determine if a CPD activity meets the Barreau’s CPD criteria.
** An application for accreditation of the session will be submitted upon request by a participant
This organization has been approved as an Accredited Provider of Professionalism Content
by the Law Society of Ontario.
IPIC members receive preferential pricing
If you are a member just login to see available discounts, if you are not a member consider joining and you could save !
***Financial aid may be available to participate in this webinar. Applicants will be considered on the basis of their annual income. Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Participants will view the webinar’s presentation online and hear the presenters by phone or through the computer. A web link and audio coordinates will be provided to the registrant the day before the webinar.
Due to COVID-19, IPIC is relaxing its group registration policy to allow participants within a group to use a webinar link individually, as long as the total number of participants using the link is within the group size registered for.