In partnership with
THIS WEBINAR WILL BE PRESENTED IN FRENCH
IP litigation in the Federal Court can be in English or French as of right. Cases can proceed in bilingual manner or have bilingual elements to them, as needed. The presenters will address:
- Who holds the rights to choose the language(s) of the proceeding – counsel or clients?
- What are the procedural requirements to proceed in French or English, or in a bilingual manner?
- Where can translations be used or is required?
- How do French-English bilingual proceedings compare to proceeding involving other languages?
- Potential impacts of proceeding in a bilingual manner
- How to work with unilingual clients involved in bilingual proceedings?
- Best practices for bilingual proceedings