Preparing evidence in trademark matters is challenging and perilous due to the technical requirements in the Trademarks Act and case law. This webinar is for the midlevel to advanced practitioner to help avoid the pitfalls in preparing trademark evidence for trials, applications and TMOB proceedings. This program will highlight the critical sections of the Trademarks Act that you need to understand in preparing evidence and address the following elements:
- Practical implications for understanding “use” in Section 4 and related sections of the Trademarks Act.
- Challenges in establishing goodwill in various types of trademark matters.
- Obtaining and preserving online digital evidence through social media and other sources.
- Strategic approaches for evidence preparation for trials, applications and TMOB proceedings.
- Survey evidence – is it still relevant?