Expert testimony plays a vital role in intellectual property litigation and often is a determining factor on the outcome. It is critical for a litigator to spend the time and effort to identify and select the best experts, file the most compelling expert reports and well prepare the experts for trial. This panel will discuss the various considerations that should be kept in mind when working with experts, including:
- Selecting the expert – having the right expert for your case
- Vetting the expert – how to avoid surprises on cross-examination
- Critical litigation challenges to consider
- Production of draft reports and correspondence with counsel
- Reply reports: are they worth it?