PO Box 11115, Vancouver BC
V6E 3P3 Canada
Patent Agent and/or Lawyer, Life Sciences/Chemistry – Vancouver
Smart & Biggar has been at the forefront of IP and technology law for over 100 years. We practice in every area of IP on behalf of an exceptional international clientele, and we are consistently ranked as Canada’s leading IP firm. We are committed to hiring people with different backgrounds and experience, who represent the best talent in their field.
We are seeking a qualified Patent Agent to join our Life Sciences practice group and based in our Vancouver office. In this role, you will work closely with world-class leaders in IP and help our team create business value for our clients by managing, protecting and leveraging their IP assets. The right candidate will find many opportunities to learn and grow within our firm.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Advanced degree (Masters or Doctorate) in Life Sciences with Chemistry (preferred)
- Registered Canadian Patent Agent, strongly preferred
- Law degree is considered an asset
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in patent drafting and prosecution
Located in the heart of downtown, close to transit and amenities, Smart & Biggar offers a comprehensive total rewards package including:
- A competitive compensation structure based on transparency, clarity and fairness
- A flexible benefits program
- Personal days to help balance personal and professional commitments
- Employee referral program
Smart & Biggar is a proud member of the Law Firm Diversity and Inclusion Network (LFDIN), working to promote diversity and encourage a culture of inclusion in our firms and the broader legal profession. We welcome application from all qualified individuals. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Smart & Biggar is proud to have been selected as one of Canada’s 2019 Top Small and Medium Employers. Find out why!
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
TO APPLY: https://canr57.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/SmartBiggar/Posting/View/1925