Calgary, AB Position TypePermanent CategoryPatent Agent, Trademark Agent, Lawyer, Patent Agent Trainee, Trademark Agent Trainee
10175 101 Street NW
Intellectual Property Lawyer and/or Patent Agent
Parlee McLaws LLP is a well-established law firm with over 125 years of experience here in Alberta. We’re seeking an Intellectual Property Lawyer and/or Patent Agent to be an instrumental part of the successful development, expansion, and operation of our Firm’s IP group. Our Firm has been providing legal services to clients for over a century now, with a strong presence in multiple practice groups stemming from both our Edmonton and Calgary branches. We have one of the largest IP groups in Western Canada and we’re seeking exceptional individuals to be part of that legacy in either Edmonton or Calgary.
The ideal candidate possesses:
- 5 or more years of intellectual property experience;
- An established book of business will be considered an asset but is not required;
- A commitment to the firm’s core values of honesty and integrity, excellence in legal abilities and client service, teamwork approach, leadership abilities, and effective practice management skills;
- A history of building internal and client relationships and engaging multiple stakeholder groups;
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively, with excellent presentation skills;
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, coupled with sound judgement;
- Effective leadership skills including the ability to motivate, coach, and develop associate lawyers and students; and
- A membership in good standing or must be immediately eligible for full membership with the Law Society of Alberta and/or CIPO
In return, we offer:
- A formal practice group structure enabling you to maximize your talents and enhance your knowledge;
- Immediate availability of multiple and diverse files and patent applications;
- Advanced communication, file management, and research technologies;
- Skilled, knowledgeable, and experienced paralegal and administrative support;
- A competitive compensation and bonus structure;
- An excellent benefits package including an annual health care spending account, health and dental coverage, travel coverage, short term disability, long term disability, life insurance, dependent life insurance, AD&D and other perquisites;
- Continued support and opportunities for professional development; and,
- The opportunity to become part of a dynamic, collaborative and relationship-focused team
Sound like a good fit? We look forward to hearing from you! Please send your resume via and tell us about your practice, your interests, and your commitment to the profession. Your application will be confidential.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.