Administrative Assistant (Trademarks)
Kirby IP Canada is looking for an Administrative Assistant who is a highly motivated, detail-oriented, and organized individual with the desire to learn and to provide exceptional service to our teams and our clients.
The Administrative Assistant will work directly with a Trademark Agent to report and meet trademark due dates, and generally support their practice and clients.
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Preparing, reviewing, and filing correspondence with the Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO) and with clients
- Monitor trademark due dates and follow-up accordingly
- Coordinate a high-volume workload with great accuracy and organization
- Prepare and send invoices to clients
- Prepare and file new trademark applications
- Pay trademark renewals, including classifications
- Perform general and clerical and administrative duties
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a trademark administrative assistant
- High level of technology literacy required (MS Office Suite, Web browsers, PDF programs, CIPO databases and e-filing systems)
- Ability to take direction and to work independently under deadline pressure
- Very strong organizational and written communication skills
- Data entry accuracy and proficiency
- Experience with Equinox IPMS and/or other cloud-based IP management system an asset
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to the attention of Michelle Hatcher at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include TM Assistant in the subject line.
Kirby IP Canada is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from applicants of all backgrounds. Should you need this job description in an alternative format please email Michelle Hatcher at email@example.com or call at 613-237-6900.