VP, Services & Operations/COO
Become a key part of the core leadership team for Intellectual Property Ontario (IPON), an exciting new agency searching for an experienced executive to provide the strategic direction and thought leadership necessary to oversee the day-to-day service operations delivery.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, you will bring both your strategic and operational expertise to: operationalize the front-facing products and services for all IPON’s stakeholders and clients in innovation and post-secondary sectors; oversee services delivered under IP education and awareness and select services under IP strategy and expert advisory services, including day-to-day service operations delivery and stakeholder consultations for program development; manage IPON’s data/information technology and support all technology related initiatives, services, risks, and issues; support development of IPON’s strategic plans, annual business plans and reports, and ensure the long-term IP strategy service goals and objectives are met, providing data, metric reporting, key performance indicators; undertake user research, client’s satisfaction surveys to improve products and service delivery; support CEO on commercialization mandate framework policy, including working with public sector stakeholders; oversee the work of various senior managers and professional staff; and, develop an agile and flexible evolving structure and work environment which stays at the forefront of innovation, collaboration and a positive employee experience.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following:
· Significant executive leadership experience in public and/or private sector roles with exceptional leadership qualities and experience managing teams and external stakeholders.
· Postsecondary degree in Business Management - or a related field.
· Experience in IP, innovation or commercialization-based programming is an asset.
· A proven strategic thought leader with expertise in championing change for a new organizational culture and vision, promoting innovation enablement and collaboration.
· Demonstrated experience working with companies that are scaling, or stakeholders executing commercialization, understanding their needs and helping to translate those needs into products and services.
· A leader that empowers others to innovate, enhance and continuously improve on their responsibilities to support the mandate of IPON.
· Previous experience operationalizing IP strategies for a scaling or scaled business, an asset.
· Good understanding of Ontario’s post-secondary education and innovation sectors.
· Strong communication and stakeholder relationship skills and ability to develop successful relationships with internal partners and external stakeholders.
· Political acuity to recognize and respond to IP issues.
IPON is in the start up stage and anticipates being a hybrid agency, with the main office location to be determined shortly. The IPON offers a compensation, benefits and pension package commensurate with experience.
HOW TO APPLY: Click on the following link HERE by the closing date of September 9, 2022 (candidates will be interviewed on a rolling basis). If you have questions, require accommodation or would like a copy of the job description, please contact Heather Lockie at 416-237-1500 x.237 or email@example.com.
IPON is an inclusive employer which respects equity, inclusion, diversity and anti-racism. Accommodation, if required, will be provided throughout the hiring process in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.