IP Legal Assistant
IP LEGAL ASSISTANT
The Legal Assistant provides confidential administrative support to the Hill & Schumacher, a patent and trademark agency, the Agency Partners and the Registered Patent Agent.
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to learn quickly;
- Ability to work independently and in a team capacity;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Interpersonal skills dealing with diverse groups;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and maintain accurate records;
- Prioritizes work and activities to use time efficiently;
- Ability to adapt to high-pressure situations and meet competing deadlines; and
- Proficient in using Microsoft products: MS Word, MS Access, Internet and Outlook.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years of Canadian, US and International intellectual property administration;
- A solid understanding of the patent, trademark, and design process in Canada and the U.S.; and
- Experience working with the Canadian Patent Office website, namely, the online filing system.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Liaise with clients and foreign associates and organizing files regarding patents, trademarks and industrial designs;
- Prepare, organize and file forms for the electronic filing of patents, trademarks and industrial designs with the Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO);
- Prepare, organize and file PCT International application forms for filing with the Canadian Receiving Office;
- Prepare, organize and file US provisional application forms for filing with the USPTO;
- File Canadian Office Action responses with CIPO;
- Prepare forms for Request under the Global Patent Prosecution Highway (GPPH) and submit them electronically on the CIPO website;
- Process, docket, and monitor deadlines and
- Review and report official correspondence to clients.
The successful candidate may be required to work from home until our offices have re-opened and thereafter be available to work at the office when required.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.