Canmore, AB Position TypePermanent, Full-time CategoryPatent Agent, Patent Agent Trainee
Edmonton AB T5J 0H3
Patent Agent/Senior Patent Agent Trainee
Are you a patent agent with experience? Are you looking to establish yourself at a western Canadian firm which will bring you professional and personal satisfaction under the big skies and liveable cities* of Alberta? If so, you will want to call Field Law home.
Field Law is over 100 years old serving western Canadian clients since 1915. Our dedication to excellence and quality service begins with our people. As a regional law firm with offices in Calgary, Edmonton, Yellowknife and our new office in Canmore, we pride ourselves on attracting and retaining top talent who bring energy, passion and commitment to the delivery of outstanding client service.
Field Law is a place where professional development is a priority and professionals are supported to take their skills to the next level. We’re friendly, respectful, supportive, collaborative and guided by our values of professional excellence, ethics and best in class client service.
Our growing and dynamic Intellectual Property & Technology group includes patent and trademark agents and lawyers, IP litigators and IP licensing specialists. We provide a full range of IP services to direct and foreign clients across a variety of industry sectors and technical areas. We are looking for a patent lawyer, patent agent or senior patent agent trainee to join our dynamic team.
Our Successful Candidate Qualifications* + Skills:
· Registered Canadian Patent Agent, or a senior Trainee who is registered with CPATA and has completed 24 months of supervised training
· Experience in patent searching and patentability opinions, drafting patent applications and prosecuting patent applications in Canada and elsewhere
· Degree in an engineering discipline, chemistry, physics, computer science or life sciences.
· A current active membership with a Canadian Law Society
* Calgary was ranked the 3rd most liveable city in world in the 2022 Global Liveability Index https://moving2canada.com/2022-eiu-liveability-index-three-canadian-cities-top-ten/
**While meeting all of these requirements is most preferred, applications with a similar set of skills and experience may also be considered.