Patent Agents – Two (2) Positions Available
Several permanent positions to be filled – Montreal Office
Fasken is a top-tier law firm and Canadian leader in business law and litigation that offers interesting and attractive career opportunities. With more than 800 lawyers, the firm offers a wide range of legal services to national and international clients from 10 offices throughout the world.
Fasken’s intellectual property team is composed of lawyers, trademark agents and patent agents. We have intellectual property expertise in a number of industries such as artificial intelligence, life sciences, electronic entertainment, telecommunications, food, mining, transportation, energy, and environmental technology.
We are currently looking for one patent agent and one senior technical patent advisor to join our Intellectual Property practice group in Montreal, where a host of interesting challenges await you. A candidate with an established client base is an asset, but it is not a requirement.
This is your opportunity to work in an international law firm with one of the busiest patent practices and to join a rapidly growing team.
You will be responsible for drafting, filing and the prosecution of patent applications in Canada and around the world as well as preparing opinions regarding the patentability, validity and infringement of patents. In this position you will also participate in the innovation and IP strategy process, IP due diligence for business transactions as well as patent litigation. You will have to meet with many clients and you will be guided by experienced, friendly and multidisciplinary professionals.
- Bachelor degree in pure or applied science, such as in engineering, life sciences, chemistry, physics, computer science or any other related field;
- Graduate degree such as a Master’s or Ph.D. an asset;
- Registered patent agent or at least four (4) years of experience in this field;
- Law degree would be an asset;
- Excellent command of French and English, both spoken and written.
Personal and Professional Skills
- Good-natured and excellent team spirit;
- Meticulous and strong analytical and communication skills;
- Able to work independently and in a cooperative environment;
- Self-starter and resourceful;
- Have a passion for patents;
- Good business acumen and a client-focused approach.
Why join Fasken’s team?
- To work with colleagues who are enthusiastic and dynamic;
- For a friendly work environment where respect, openness and innovation are core values;
- For a competitive salary, a health and well-being program and a flexible insurance plan that meets your needs;
- To join a firm that is internationally recognized for its excellence.
Fulfill your potential and send your application in complete confidentiality to Marie-Chantale Dufour at firstname.lastname@example.org We thank all candidates for their interest in this position; however, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.