Patent Agent / Patent Agent in training
BENOÎT & CÔTÉ offers personalized and Leading-edge services of a boutique firm with the respected and trusted security of a top tier intellectual property firm. It offers a complete vision of the intellectual property needs of clients, be they inventors, start-ups, small and medium-sized businesses or multinational corporations. Located in Montreal, it supplies numerous local and international clients with a wide range of services, and works with well-known and highly respected foreign associates in order to maximize IP value.
Our growing Montreal office is looking to add a qualified Canadian Patent Agent or a Patent Agent Trainee to our life science patent practice group. In this role, you will work closely with world-class leaders in IP helping our team create business value by managing, protecting and leveraging our clients' IP assets. The right candidate will find many opportunities to learn and grow within our firm, while working towards becoming a qualified patent agent.
- Master's and/or PhD degree in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Chemistry or related fields.
- Experience with patents or intellectual property in a law firm would be an asset.
The ideal candidate:
- Understands the importance of exceptional client service and delivering client results.
- Exhibits business acumen and a propensity to further develop it.
- Sees the big picture and analyzes opportunities or problems thoroughly and capably.
- Applies business and technical skills to develop practical value-adding solutions and advice to clients.
- Can write and speak clearly and effectively in English and French.
- Is creative and willing to propose and try new approaches.
- Is personable, energetic and enthusiastic.
- Is interested in becoming a strategic advisor.
Located in Montreal, Benoît & Côté offers a comprehensive total rewards package including:
- A competitive compensation structure based on transparency, clarity and fairness.
- A flexible benefits program.
- Personal days to help balance personal and professional commitments.
- Cell phone.
- Fully equipped gym, locker rooms with showers, indoor bike racks, recreation room with pool table.
- Work-from-home program.
Please submit your resume electronically at RH@benoit-cote.com. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.