Mid-Level Patent Agent - Electrical/Mechanical Group
Aird & McBurney LP is expanding! We are currently looking for a mid-level Patent Agent to join our Electrical/Mechanical Group. The ideal candidate is a registered Canadian Patent Agent with a minimum of three years’ experience in patent drafting and prosecution.
This opportunity involves work on complex, innovative files for clients ranging from startup companies to large multinational corporations. You will have the resources of a large law firm while practicing in a more relaxed environment. Our firm provides the opportunity to work alongside some of Canada’s best known and experienced IP professionals, and offers excellent training, resources and a friendly and flexible working environment. The firm supports new business development and provides objective compensation for client origination.
- Registered Canadian Patent Agent with the Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO)
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant Canadian experience
- Solid background in electrical engineering, computer engineering, mechanical engineering biomedical engineering, computer science or physics
- Client-oriented, result-driven individual with an ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented
- Practical and business minded
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Effective time management skills
- High level of motivation and commitment
- Team player
- Minimum BS in Engineering (e.g., electrical, computer, mechanical, biomedical or physics)
- An MS or higher is not required, but would be preferred
Qualified candidates are asked to submit their application to: Tony Sabeta firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate hearing from all qualified candidates, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications will be held in confidence.