Need a Speaker?
IPIC and the Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO) have developed three one-hour presentations to introduce Canadian entrepreneurs and small business owners to the basics of intellectual property (IP) and the ways in which IP can be used to leverage business opportunities. Volunteers from the joint “Bank of Speakers” organize and present these talks. Topics include:
- a general introduction to IP
Beyond the Bank of Speakers presentations, IPIC members are also available to speak about:
- industrial designs
- geographical indications
- trade secrets
- other types of IP, such as plant breeders’ rights and personality rights
- careers in IP
Presentations can be customized based on the specific interests of the audience, for example to:
- entrepreneurs and small business owners
- professional associations
- federal and provincial government officials
- university and college students
The Bank of Speakers request form and more information can be found here.
If you are interested in inviting an IP professional to speak at your event/organization, contact us by clicking here.