You came up with a great name—something that will catch on and make your products or services stand out from the crowd. Capturing that spark of genius, however, and turning it into a success story requires a lot of hard work and planning. A registered trade-mark agent can be an invaluable source of help and guidance.
What can a trade-mark agent do for me?
Filing an application to register your trade-mark involves numerous judgment calls and legal determinations that call for an agent’s experience and training. A trade-mark agent will
- Submit a strong initial application that can help avoid unnecessary costs and delays.
- Help you develop strategies to maximize the value of your trade-mark and ensure that the benefit of registering your trade-mark is realized.
Trade-mark registration procedures are complex. It is important to clear your right before spending time, effort and costs on an extensive marketing campaign featuring the mark. A trade-mark agent will
- Prevent you from making mistakes during the registration process that may not reveal themselves for some time down the road.
- Conduct the required searches to evaluate and assess whether the mark of interest is available to use and register in Canada.
- Help you develop international trade-mark rights.
- Help you to get the broadest protection possible.
Once the application has been filed, a trade-mark agent can
- Help you respond to enquiries and objections raised by the Trade-marks Office or other parties.
- Advise you on the best strategies to protect your rights after registration.
Where can I find a trade-mark agent?
Click here to find a list of registered trade-mark agents .