You spent a great deal of time, effort and knowledge developing a new and innovative product. Before disclosing your invention to anyone, retain a registered patent agent to help you through the process of protecting it.
What can a patent agent do for me?
Filing and prosecuting a patent application is very complex. A patent agent can
- Ensure that your invention is properly described and claimed when the application is filed to reduce the risk that it may be refused by the Patent Office during future examination.
- Help you avoid costly mistakes, allowing you to develop your invention in a prosperous environment.
Just as you seek the advice of an accountant for complicated tax matters or a lawyer to draft a commercial agreement, a registered patent agent can
- maximize the opportunities provided by your invention.
- Conduct a search to determine whether your invention is patentable and evaluate the scope of protection which may be obtained for your invention.
- Help discern whether you are infringing patents owned by others.
- Help you sell, license or use your patent as an asset to negotiate funding.
Where can I find a patent and trade-mark agent?
Click here to find a list of registered trade-mark agents.